Tube Reversal vs IVF Treatment : Attaining Motherhood and having children is one among the vital stages in life which a lady comes across. Though Pregnancy and Childbirth can get challenging sometimes, It’s looked forward to as stage of immense significance, by every woman. While on one hand, contraception has become a subject for global discussion, on the opposite hand, there are many enthusiastic women, in their middle ages, who are watching exploring options to increase their family, even after undergoing procedures towards achieving permanent contraception.
With life throwing up numerous surprises at us in the least times, circumstances change, relationships change and this might usher in a change in family building goals too. Recent studies indicate that in spite of getting chosen the trail to permanent sterilization, up to 14.3% of sterilized women request information about possible fertility options within a couple of years of getting undergone the tubal sterilization procedure.
What are the possible options women can explore to realize their dream of getting children, following tubular sterilization?
More widely suggested options for patients, during this case, may be a surgical reversal of sterilization which is additionally referred as Tube Reversal or the method of In Vitro Fertilization or IVF, which is gaining global identity at a really rapid pace.
However, out of those two,
- Which is that the most preferred?
- Which process is cost-effective?
- Which is safer, easy and fewer risky supported female age? And most significantly,
- Which process is more likely to yield the specified results?
To answer of these questions, which are on expected lines, let’s get straight into the choices involved and study them independently.
Tube (block) Reversal
For simple understanding, Tube (block) Reversal may be a short stay procedure, performed as an outpatient, to revive contact between tubal segments. This is often alittle procedure, performed using microsurgical techniques. Basically, this procedure is aimed toward supporting women, who wish to become pregnant without more complex medical attention.
Process Involved during Tube Reversal,
- The blocked sections of the fallopian tubes are reconnected with the rest of the Fallopian tubes, which subsequently facilitate the eggs to maneuver up the tubes smoothly and interact with the sperm.
- Your doctor will take a better check out your medical parameters before suggesting a Tube Reversal procedure. Age, weight and fertility factors like the (egg count, sperm quality) are taken into consideration.
- Furthermore, one must consider the post-operative recovery period and day off from work, usually relatively minimal but, might be possibly prolonged. Your doctors also will check out possible complexities for extrauterine pregnancy also.
- However, it’s interesting to notice that not every sort of tubal sterilizations is reversible. If the sooner Fallopian tube segments are either short or subjected to wreck thanks to surgery or infection earlier, the Tube Reversal won’t be the simplest option. Therefore, your doctor would clearly ascertain these factors to return to a conclusion.
- An in-depth study of the male partner’s semen sample is additionally conducted as a neighborhood of the pre-surgical tests required.
- The time taken to verify that the Tube Reversal surgery was a hit or not is typically 3 months after the surgery was performed.
In addition, it’d take on the brink of 2 years for the patient to become pregnant, after the success of the surgery.
Many patients tend to term this waiting period as pretty long as they still remain anxious about the results.
Misconceptions about IVF
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
IVF or In-vitro fertilization continues to realize prominence as a really effective alternative to Tube Reversal. Since its inception in 1970, this system has been refined and continues to form immense progress with very high success rates.
To put in in easy words, IVF may be a procedure by which an egg is fertilized within the lab then transferred to a woman’s uterus. This facilitates the method of pregnancy to occur by completely bypassing the Fallopian tubes. So, the events which ordinarily occur within the fallopian tubes thus occur within the laboratory, providing a kind of tubal bypass.
The process of IVF allows the selection of the strongest and healthiest embryos.
Compared to a Tube Reversal process, IVF are often considered as an efficient solution, even for problems like advanced age, tube damages beyond repair and male factor infertility. The post-procedure downtime in IVF is quite minimal. However, with the sensitivity involved the procedure, it’s always important to settle on a best IVF clinic with care.
This question has been very effectively answered by best Fertility Hospital in Gurgaon, which has proven experience in offering high standard IVF services, to the fullest satisfaction of its patients. The experience and techniques employed by the IVF physicians at Origin Clinic may be a combination of the very latest in technology and subject expertise.
Which then is that the best choice: IVF or Tubal Reversal?
One of the simplest things about IVF is that the time taken for pregnancy is far shorter because it takes only two months for the method to be completed. The age of the lady in question is additionally important because the choice of whether to travel for Tube Reversal of IVF depends largely on this factor. The amount of youngsters, a few would desire also influences the choice. It’s well understood that with advance in age, the probabilities of a lady to conceive is lesser and hence for those women who are above 35 years aged, IVF perhaps be a far better choice.
Though women below the age of 35, who would want to achieve parenthood again after having undergone Tube Ligation, might check out Tube Reversal, published reports for all age groups truly indicate that the success-per-cycle rates in IVF are better than those for tubal reversal.
Doctors connected with leading medical institutions suggest IVF over Tube Reversal, but that’s surely not without a reason. Though there’s not much of a difference with reference to cost in both the procedures, IVF enjoys less risk factors and more success rates, than Tube Reversal. Findings have suggested that the probabilities of extrauterine pregnancy with Tube Reversals are as high as 20% while that with IVF is nearly legible, as low as (3) %. (The pregnancy rates with IVF in tubal factor infertility are 65%; the very best among all causes of infertility while the pregnancy rates with tubal surgery vary between 20-60% counting on multiple factors.) Compared to a Tube Reversal procedure, IVF doesn’t require a protracted hospital stay.
Above all, it’s the standard of your medical service provider and therefore the comfort level they provide from the essential stages of discussions that matters and Origin Clinic sees that you simply are comfortable, both before and after your treatment is completed to your fullest satisfaction.