At Origin Clinic– fertility treatments, we all know that having a baby, for a few couples, is an awesome need. A natural urge that only becomes stronger when a few wants to possess a toddler but experiences difficulty conceiving or carrying a pregnancy to term. The longer this battle carries on the more pressure couples feel.
Thanks to modern medicine, there are variety of fertility treatments that help couples complete their family and that we offer a full range of these treatments. Our services include, but aren’t limited to, AI , in vitro fertilisation, intracytoplasmic sperm injection, and preimplantation genetic diagnosis and screening. We also offer egg and sperm donation also as egg, sperm, and embryo freezing. So, for couples handling fertility challenges, we will definitely help.
Anger But, simply because science has made it possible for infertile couples to become parents, it doesn’t mean there isn’t an emotional rollercoaster related to the choice to try to to so. In fact, the most important decision any couple will ever make in reference to fertility treatments is whether or not or not they actually need to become parents. Fertility treatments, no matter method, require a huge emotional commitment and can have a permanent impact on the couple.
There are many emotional demands of undergoing fertility treatments, and each couple’s experience is different, but here are some ramifications which will come up:
- The stress – shame, guilt, depression, anger – of a long-standing battle with infertility
- Constantly handling different medical professionals
- Embarrassing and sometimes uncomfortable medical procedures
- Extensive visit undergo treatments
- Coping with the emotional rollercoaster that fertility drugs may trigger (in the mother)
- Heightened financial strain
- Heightened marital stress and difficulty interacting with family and friends
- A deteriorating sex life
- Invasive questions from family and friends
- Recurrent miscarriage or failed embryo implantation
- The uncertainty of whether or not the treatment will end in a healthy baby
- Of course, all stress associated with fertility treatments can’t be entirely avoided, but it certainly are often mitigated. That’s why we’ve a team of counsellors that are related to CRGH and offer a free consultation to all or any of our patients at the start of their treatment.
Our counsellors are well-versed within the recurring emotional themes that fertility treatment patients affect and specialize in these areas and delicate conversations. If patients plan to continue counselling beyond the initial consultation, they typically arrange that on their own with the counsellor, who usually practise out of their home.
For our more serious fertility treatment, like egg or sperm donation, we do offer compulsory counselling, which is required by law.
Because the emotional toll of fertility treatments is so great, we urge couples to actually believe the choice that they’re making.